Saturday, November 24, 2012

What to do when the Tooth Fairy FORGETS to stop by!

Our daughter, Natalie, lost her front tooth yesterday.  She was SOOOO excited for the tooth fairy to come. Normally i'm on top of this.  I make a big deal of it and make special Tooth Fairy coins by painting them with glitter nail polish.  She gets up and is so excited to find the sparkly coins.  It makes me feel so great to give them a bit of magic.  WELL, not this time i'm afraid.  You see, I forgot ALL about the tooth fairy's visit last night.  I was awakened at 8 am by shrill cries "She forgot me!  The Tooth Fairy forgot me!".  There is no guilt like Mommy guilt.  I felt like crying.  Maybe it was the turkey...maybe the fact that i'm running on very little sleep since bringing home Sawyer...either way..no excuse!  Harlow, quickly jumped up...smoothly slid $2.00 under her blanket as he pretended to frantically search her room with her.  She was satisfied with her dollar bills...but concerned that the tooth fairy had paid her for a tooth she didn't take.  My response "She must have been new!  I hope she doesn't get into trouble.  We better leave it out again tonight...and write her a note!"

Why a note?  Because the Tooth Fairy can read any letter you write addressed to her right away!  In her mind!  It's MAGIC!
Forgive the penmanship.  If you can't read my writing..it says
Dear Tooth Fairy,
   I hope this letter finds you well.  I woke up to realize that you had left my daughter payment for her tooth this morning.  Thank you, for a job ALMOST well done.  You must have been groggy from eating turkey because you forgot her tooth!  We have left it in plain sight tonight as i'm sure you'll be back for it.
                              Sincerely, Mrs.Ashley Caudill
                                        Natalie's Mom


 Then I had Natalie take the letter and her tooth...lay it on her dresser for the Tooth Fairy to find.  Then I waited patiently for my sweet girl to fall asleep.  I tip toed to her room once I knew she was good and asleep..snapped a picture of her dresser, grabbed the note and tooth..and slipped back out.
  I then visited this handy website www.toothfairy.capturethemagic.com.  Uploaded my photo..followed the steps...and voila!  Mama captured the newbie Tooth Fairy coming back for Natalie's tooth and reading the note!
I hope that i've made this a GREAT memory for her.  I could have come clean and told her the sad truth about the Tooth Fairy....but why ruin the magic?!?!  And the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment