Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stand firm

My first mobile blog post so if there's some random auto correct forgive me. As I type I'm riding shot gun on our way to take Sawyer to Lexington for a scan. After some reassurance from a dear friend (thanks Pam!) I'm not as concerned with that. I apologize for my absence lately. As some of you know our family is facing a big move soon. My husbands job isn't always an easy one. As I stated in my "about me" section, we love Hazard, and its our home but its not always possible for us to stay here. Let me explain. My husband is a conductor for CSX. And in eastern KY trains haul coal. Since coal is no longer being mined here the way it was 2 years ago.....well, they don't run empty trains. So, I've been holding my breath while waiting to see where and when we will be transferred. Trying to plan a move with 4 kids, 2 in school, is hard enough. Not knowing where you're moving to or how long you have at home is very VERY stressful. So if I look like a zombie, please understand. While this is a blessing that my husband will still have a job and all the other blessings I'm sure God has planned.......it's still hard. The end to a chapter. And like with any good book you mourn. I have faith that God guides but I am human and right now my heart hurts for this ending. Yet I'm excited and anxious to see what's next. It may be another 5 years before we can hold down Hazard again ( blog name makes sense now,eh ;) ). Stay tuned for what's next.... Some pro moving tips. Yeah, I've earned pro moving status. And tips and tricks I've learned over the years of moving with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment